Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographic

My demographic falls into the generation Y, technology wise, sophisticated and exposed to it all. Generation Y grew up with technology and rely on it to perform their jobs better. Nurtured and pampered by parents who did not want to make mistakes of previous generations, generation Y are confident, ambitious and achievement –oriented. They have high expectations of their employers, seek out new challenges and are not afraid to question authority. Generation Y wants meaningful work and a solid learning curve. The fast track has lost much of its appeal for generation Y who is willing to trade high pay for fewer billable hours, flexible schedules and a better work/life balance.” According to the experts”! For the most part I can relate to this generation and all said, most of my family is from the generation X except me and one of my brothers. we tend to be more ambitious and have high expectations from others and ourselves. I was born during the 80’s, I consider Generation Y, the technological generation and I take pride because of it. In a way I feel lucky to be a part of probably one the biggest changes in history, (internet)the  information age. My brothers from Generations X are fond on doing things with grace and take much pride on their accomplishments. From a marketing point of view, my brothers born in the Gen X in my opinion are more skeptical (not willing to try new things) and are thrift with their money. While I and my brother are a little more open to ventures (Business) and opportunities (On sale) especially with technology. We pride ourselves in achievements and are not afraid to lose money on ventures. “We use technology for this” In most part, all being said about generation Y is true and to certain extend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment